EXTRA CREDIT FOR SOUTH ASIA TEST, DUE FRIDAY MAY 5:
- Complete an ESPN for 10 points per article
- Use the following template to complete the extra credit….MAKE A COPY AND THEN SHARE IT WITH ME
- Each article will need to cover one (or more) of the following countries (India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and Maldives)
- Make sure the article is from a reliable news source (such as CNN, MSNBC, FOX, NBC, CBS, BBC, Nytimes, etc…..if you are not sure, just ask me!)
- All articles must be between April 2016 – April 2017
- Each article must be a different topic (Economic, Social, Political, or Environment), which means you can not turn in two economic but you could do one economic and one social OR one of each.
- You can only do 4 articles for a total of 40 points.
Monday: South Asia Test
Tuesday: East Asia Physical map
- Intro to East Asia is from class resources, so you will just need to get those notes from someone that was there
- This is the power point we will be using: One Child Policy
Thursday: Confucianism and Taoism Religion Chart (JUST THE CONFUCIANISM AND TAOISM CHARTS)
- Use the following power point (just the Taoism and Confucianism slides) to complete as much of the chart as possible. Religion power point
- Use religionfacts.com to fill in the rest
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: Use the following review to help study for the upcoming test on Monday, April 10.
Total fertility rate:
Hinduism and Buddhism: The definition and sentence should be written with these religions in mind.
- Label one side of the map with the political characteristics and color it like a political map.
- Label the other side of the map with the physical features and color it like a physical map.
Tuesday – Friday: Monsoon activity (questions, map, climagraph, reading, etc.)
- Tuesday: Monsoon questions from maps
- Wednesday: Climagraph questions
- Thursday: nothing (UIL day)
- Friday: Excerpts and Paraphrases questions (just read pages 14-18 and answers on your packet that you already have)
Monday -Friday: We will be working on analyzing documents from the Africa DBQ. At the end of the week, students will write an argumentative essay on the main reason for European Imperialism in Africa.
***If you missed a day, get the notes/answers from someone that was there that day or look at the link below***
internally displaced persons
the Nature Conservancy
the Great Escarpment
Monday, Feb. 13: Google Classroom assignment (Analyzing Central Asia and video links)
Tuesday, Feb. 14: Finished Analyzing Central Asia worksheet, labeled the following Africa maps with ALL countries
Thursday and Friday: (With sub due to softball tournament)
- Complete the following notes using the assigned power points
- Chapter 20: The Transition Zone (power point) (Notes)
- Chapter 21: East Africa (power point) and (notes)